Here at Kascadia, we never need an an excuse to make our ultimate burrata dish. It’s fresh, delectable and perfectly compliments every season and every reason. Close your eyes and imagine yourself...sinking your teeth into a crunchy sourdough crostini, smothered in juicy slow roasted cherry tomatoes and velvety smooth burrata cheese. Exactly...I had you at Burrata.
Now open up that bottle of wine that you’ve been eyeing all week and play something Kascadia for goodness sake. We are going to tell you how to make the yummiest burrata appetizer that you’ve ever had! Don’t take our word for it. Your guests won’t be able to keep their hands off!
Heirloom cherry tomatoes or any yummy bite size tomatoes your heart desires
Olive oil for roasting and Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
4 medium cloves of garlic peeled; not chopped
Sourdough loaf to make crostini
- Place whole cherry tomatoes and cloves of garlic in a minimum 1” inch deep baking pan.
- Generously drizzle regular olive oil all over the tomatoes and garlic.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Bake tomatoes and garlic in the oven for 30 minutes at 450 degrees. Remember to stir at 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, let’s cut up the bread! Cut your sourdough bread into crostini size pieces.
- Lightly brush regular olive oil onto the cut sourdough crostini pieces and pop those babies onto a medium heat skillet on the stove. Cook each side of the crostini until you get a golden brown color. We like our crostini golden and slightly crispy on the outside!
- So now your pan of tomatoes, olive oil and garlic should look like a juicy roasted tomato tapenade. You can pull that out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Arrange your delicious tomatoes and burrata cheese together on a dish. Julienne chop the basil and throw that on top.
- Drizzle Extra Virgin olive oil and aged balsamic over your burrata and tomato masterpiece.
- Last step - take your crunchy and yummy crostini and take a dip in the roasted tomato and burrata.
- You’re welcome :)
Click here to listen to our Kascadia Happy Hour Spotify Playlist